UC Learning OnLine (UC LOL)
The UC Learning Online (UC LOL) initiative was established to build a suite of online training courses customized for the University of California. The project is a collaborative effort, harnassing the knowledge and expertise of Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) professionals across the system. The courses are intended to fulfill campus needs, and comply with federal, State of California, University of California, and campus-specific regulations involving a variety of health and safety topics.
- Create content using existing training courses available at some campuses and/or original information obtained through collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs) available at each campus, as well as various UC workgroups (I.e., UCIHSSC, CSPA, STEW, etc.).
- Produce online training courses that can be launched in a variety of formats (i.e., LMS, Web, CD, etc.) to enable availability for all campuses to use.
- Maintain courses to meet applicable changes in federal / state / local regulations, UC policy, and/or campus-specific requirements.
UC LOL is a Center of Excellence in training and education sponsored by the University of California Office of the President (UCOP). It was created to provide the campuses and medical centers with accessible and effective training and education resources.
The online training library supports the University's mission of teaching, research, and public service by serving as a key resource in knowledge and skills required to prevent accidents (including injuries and property damage), promote a safe workplace (free of hazards), and protect the environment.
UC Learning Center / LMS deployment
The following courses are available for faculty, staff, and students of the University of California (UC).
Compressed Gas Safety
Hazardous Materials Shipping (Awareness)
Hazardous Materials Shipping (Security Plan)
Hazardous Materials Shipping (Biological)
Hazardous Materials Shipping (Dry Ice)
Hazardous Materials Safety
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
Laboratory Safety Orientation
Access to original course training materials is available through members of the Systemwide Training and Education Workgroup (STEW).
- Course development (needs assessment, objectives, design)
- Multimedia development (videos, presentations, etc.)
- Delivery of courses in Web, LMS (SCORM 2004), or CD format
- Access to course completion database (test results)
- Automated email to participant and campus upon completion
- Access to original course files (PPT, Articulate, audio, video)